Coarse Grain S&D
- Second largest market for U.S. corn.
- Number one market for U.S. sorghum.
- Fourth largest producer and consumer of corn in the world.
- Corn and sorghum use rapidly increasing, up 15% from 2001.
- Feed demand is driving overall grain and co-product demand.
- Population: 113.7 million
- Population growth rate: 1.102%
- GDP growth: 5.5%
- GDP per capita: $13,900
- 28.2% of population is under the age of 15.
- Largest market for U.S. sorghum and 2nd largest market for U.S. corn.
- Political climate is volatile.
Market Growth Potential
- Dairy, swine and poultry sectors growing at 3% annually.
- Little market penetration for DDGS in the medium and small size livestock and poultry sectors.