Import/Export Statistic Databases & Reports
- USDA’s GATS: The Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS) is maintained by the USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) and contains information on country and commodity exports and imports. New numbers are released monthly, around the fifth day of each month. It is available here: http://apps.fas.usda.gov/gats/default.aspx.
- USDA’s WASDE: The World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report is prepared monthly and includes forecasts for U.S. and world wheat, rice, and coarse grains (corn, barley, sorghum and oats), oilseeds (soybeans, canola and palm), and cotton. It is available here: http://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/.
- USDA’s Weekly Export Sales report: This report monitors U.S. agricultural exports on a weekly basis. U.S. exporters provide information on the quantity of their sales transactions, the type and class of commodity, the marketing year of the shipment and the ultimate destination, which is used to make this report. The report is released every Thursday at 8:30 a.m. It is available here: http://apps.fas.usda.gov/export-sales/esrd1.html.
- USDA’s GAIN reports: USDA'S Global Agriculture Information Network (GAIN) provides timely information on the agricultural economy, products and issues in foreign countries. Production, supply and distribution (PSD) data in GAIN reports are not official USDA data, but represent estimates made by Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) attachés. Reports are available here: http://gain.fas.usda.gov/Lists/Advanced%20Search/AllItems.aspx.
- USDA’s Grain World Markets and Trade report: This monthly report includes data on U.S. and global trade, production, consumption and stocks, as well as analysis of developments affecting world trade in grains. The report covers wheat, rice and coarse grains (corn, barley, sorghum, oats and rye). It is available here: http://www.fas.usda.gov/data/grain-world-markets-and-trade.
- Renewable Fuels Association’s industry statistics: The Renewable Fuels Association (RFA) is a trade association for the U.S. ethanol industry. The organization’s website contains industry statistics for ethanol and distiller’s dried grains with solubles (DDGS). Ethanol statistics can be found here: http://www.ethanolrfa.org/resources/industry/statistics/. DDGS statistics can be found here: http://www.ethanolrfa.org/resources/industry/co-products/.
U.S. Crop Quality Reports & Websites
- USDA’s Crop Production Progress Report: This report is issued weekly during the growing season (April to November), listing planting, fruiting and harvesting progress and overall condition of selected crops in major producing states. The data, summarized by crop and by state, are republished along with any revisions in the Weekly Weather and Crop Bulletin. It is available here: https://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/viewDocumentInfo.do?documentID=1048.
- USDA’s Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) website: FGIS facilitates the marketing of U.S. grain and related agricultural products by establishing standards for quality assessments, regulating handling practices and managing a network of Federal, State and private laboratories that provide impartial official inspection and weighing services. Their website contains information on their processes and methods. It is available here: http://www.gipsa.usda.gov/fgis/fgis.aspx.
- USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Services’ (FAS’s) Overseas Office Directory: This database lists all FAS staff located in the organization’s 93 offices in 72 countries. The database is available here: http://apps.fas.usda.gov/overseas_post_directory/.
- USDA’s Export Credit Guarantee Programs Announcements: The USDA administers export credit guarantee programs for commercial financing of U.S. agricultural exports. This website lists allocations for this program. The website is available here: http://apps.fas.usda.gov/excredits/ecgp.asp.
Feed Grains In All Forms
Marketing Year Sep 2016/Jun 2017:View U.S. Export Data by Country
Equivalent U.S Exports 96,878,392 (MT) 20%
Value $4,412,659,756 35%
Why Trade MattersLearn More