- More or less 100% dependent on imported soymeal.
- Top Asian destination for U.S soymeal.
- SEA’s 2nd largest producer of corn with about 60% yellow and 40% white.
- RA 9367 give authority for 5-10% blend rate with potential to E20.
- Population: 102.6 million
- Population growth: 1.59%
- Urban %: 44.4
- Urban growth: 1.32%
- GDP: $741 billion
- GDP growth: 5.8%
- GDP per capita: $7,300
- A complex archipelago with over 7,000 islands.
- One of the fastest growing populations in Southeast Asia.
- Economy forecast to quicken in 2016 due to government projects.
- OFW (overseas Filipino workers) remittances make up 10% of the GDP.
Trade and market Share Issues
- Imports significant amounts of U.S. wheat, some of which is used for feed purposes.
- Marginal corn importer, usually from Thailand, occasionally from U.S.
- Major U.S. ethanol importer.
- End users favor imported corn due to lower mycotoxin content.
- TRQ for corn is 217,000 MT.
- 10% ethanol blending mandate, RA 9637 calls for E20 by 2020.
- Effective and strong ethanol mandate.
- New administration is radically different than previous.
- 35% in quota duty and 50% out of quota for MFNs.
- Asian Economic Community (AEC) has 0% corn import duty across the region.
- Philippines looking to become corn exporter (still way to high priced).
Feed Grains In All Forms
Marketing Year Sep 2016/Dec 2017:View U.S. Export Data by Country
Equivalent U.S Exports 37,008,757 (MT) 30%
Value $1,735,361,339 64%
USGC on Twitter
U.S. Grains Council