- 1.1 MMT corn imports and 688 TMT barley imports in 2016.
- Infrequent DDGS (14 TMT) imports due to lack of corn sales from the U.S. for possible combination shipments.
- Price sensitive market with less emphasis on quality.
- Population: 11.15 million
- Population growth: 1.0%
- Urban %: 66.64%
- Urban growth: 1.3%
- GDP: $130.83 billion
- GDP growth: 1.5% would rise to 2.3%
- GDP per capita: $11,657
- Political instability and the fragile security situation after the 2011 revolution are nega tively impacting tourism and foreign investment.
- Tunisian dinar constantly devaluating against other currencies.
Trade and Market Share Issues
- USGC office for the MEA region is currently located in Tunisia.
- Feed grains demand constant due to less demand from declining tourism.
- Higher competition from black sea countries.
- In 2016, Ukraine had 66% corn market share followed by U.S.17%, Romania 9% and Argentina at 8% each.
- In 2016, Ukraine had 39% barley market share followed by France 27%, U.K.19%, Romania 7% and Russia at 4% each.
- The market is oversupplied with eggs, chicken meat, red meat and dairy products due to producers’ excess capacity and the sluggish economy.
- There is no import duty on all feed grains.
- The government recently banned imports of frozen red meat.
Feed Grains In All Forms
Marketing Year Sep 2016/Jan 2017:View U.S. Export Data by Country
Equivalent U.S Exports 46,824,065 (MT) 33%
Value $2,203,813,147 58%
USGC on Twitter
U.S. Grains Council
Standard Commodity Management Joins USGC https://t.co/BNgvyx6deX